KH advised that James Royston has been trying to meet with Kirklees Council's tree officer all summer, to agree the proposed 5-year plan. The board will discuss the final version of the 5-year plan when the report has been agreed and delivered. James Royston has recommended that there are 4 or 5 areas that will need tackling in the first year.
Action: The board agreed to discuss the 5-year plan at the next board meeting.
Grant Recreation Play Area
JB advised that he has received an email from the contractor with all the paperwork attached, so we are now in a position to fulfil our responsibilities for the Health and Safety and insurance cover.
KO advised new pictures have been added to the website. The board asked for some photos to be uploaded of the new play area. Also details of all the classes are to be added or updated. SL advised that feedback from the users of the gym on the new equipment has been very good.
Action: KH to provide KO with new play area photos. SL to provide KO with details of the classes. KO to update the website.
NS advised that he has received an email today from Barratts. The issue regarding the boundary issue is still being investigated by Barratts, and therefore, is still ongoing.
Action: The board is to await a formal response from Barratts and then take further action.
SL advised that the issue over the routers has been sorted by replacing them. NS reported the speed is very good. There are different passwords for the Wi-Fi and these are displayed on the office window.
3G Pitch Service
SL and NS have both looked for a machine to service the pitch and have found some suitable ones. The board agreed that once NS and SL have decided upon which machine to buy, it can be purchased.
Action: SL to purchase machine.
SL advised the group is to restart on Wednesday 20th September with a new tutor. The board will review numbers at the next board meeting.
Action: Review numbers at next board meeting.
Filling in Ditch in woods
A letter has gone out with the Centre Scene today about filling in the ditch in the woods.
SL advised that using the specification provided by KO, one of the computers in the office has been replaced, along with the routers, by a local company. Our anti-virus software has also been replaced. SL reported she was very pleased with the service given by the local company.
SL advised that one enquiry had been received for the use of the Pavilion. SL has advised the person to make an offer that can be brought to the board for discussion. It has also been advertised in this month's Centre Scene. The board also discussed the option of a charity using the Pavilion, JB is to talk to a couple of residents about the idea.
Action: JB to talk to a couple of residents.
KO advised that to make our website mobile friendly 3 quotes were asked for, but only 2 have come back. The board discussed the possibility of a student being asked to undertake this piece of work, as part of their course work.
Action: KO is to send the required information to SL.
Central Heating Flushing
SL advised she had obtained 3 quotes and the work has now started. It will take a couple of months for the work to be completed. SL advised she also gave feedback to the 2 unsuccessful companies.
Ant Prevention Update
SL advised that the bait stations had been placed in several locations in the Centre, along with the appropriate signage. The ants have not been seen since.
3. General Manager Report
SL reported on the following items:
Health & Safety
All necessary tests have been completed and recorded.
Staff training on pool testing.
All staff had one day 1st Aid course update.
Staff meeting on 28/07/2017 and evening out as a thank you for all their hard work.
There is a new member of staff (Carol Hall) who is helping out with cleaning and bar work.
Bar stock reports available and stock take done today, awaiting report.
Various pieces of equipment have been serviced and parts ordered where required.
Steps to entrance have been weeded, power washed and re-sanded.
Benches in gents changing rooms have been painted.
All railings outside have been painted.
Changing room lockers have had coin parts replaced, serviced and repaired where necessary.
A replacement automatic dosing system for the pool is required, SL going out for quotes. This is quite an expensive piece of equipment but an essential one.
27th August, Bank Holiday event was very good, BBQ proceeds went to Woodscape.
16th September, Gin Festival is sold out.
17th September, adult football tournament.
29th September, children's fun night.
27th October, Halloween Party.
28th October, Elvis Tribute, tickets now on sale.
4th November, firework display, may need to move this to 5th as clashes with another event.
25th November, Jamie Soul and Motown evening.
17th December, Children's Christmas party.
24th December, Lindley Brass Band and Carols.
25th December, drinks with fellow residents.
31st December, Hollywood meets Bollywood New Year's Eve.
JB and the board discussed the idea of a champagne tasting event as a future event.
The board also discussed and decided to put on another New Members event.
New class with Ros - Saturday 09:00.
HIIT with Michelle – Saturday 10:00.
20/20/20 with Michelle – Saturday 11:00.
Gymnastics started Friday 1st September, and a further class from Friday 6th October.
Fun circuit boot camp Tuesday and Thursday at 6:30pm.
4. Finance Report
NS distributed and discussed the financial report that he will be discussing at the EGM.
NS reported that we are in good shape. NS reported that due to a Rent and Rates rebate, we are showing a healthy profit. Our bank loans should be paid off by Christmas.
Action: NS to finalise the report ready for the EGM.
5. EGM Planning
SL advised EGM papers distributed to all households but it was then pointed out some landlords had not received them. SL and NS to obtain addresses and send out EGM papers. DB to take minutes at EGM meeting as SE not available.
Action: SL to distribute EGM papers to all landlords.
6. Grass Area Request
A request had come to the board's attention from a resident who runs the girl's football sessions. The resident would like to use the grass area next to the tennis courts. The grass area would require draining and nets putting around it. The board discussed this request and voted on it, but voted against the proposal. KH advised there are several pitches locally that are available and that are actively seeking new teams to play on them.
Action: SL to speak to the resident about the decision and advise of the other local pitches.
DB reminded all directors of items to be discussed at board meetings, to be sent to him, so he can put together a calendar of events, and schedule them in the appropriate monthly board meetings.
Action: All directors to send DB items for discussion at monthly board meetings.
Date of next meeting: EGM Thursday 21st September at 7:30pm in the centre.
Board meeting: Thursday 19th October at 7pm in the Pavilio
This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to receive newsletters from Woodland Glade Sports Management Company, 62 The Green, Bradley, Huddersfield, HD2 1QB.