KH advised that James Royston has met with Kirklees Council's tree officer, to agree the proposed 5-year plan. The report was not available for the board to discuss at this meeting, but it should be available for the next full board meeting. James has also suggested taking another walk in the woods, following the latest storm.
Action: The board agreed to discuss the 5-year plan at the next full board meeting.
KH and JB to provide KO with new play area photos.
Action: KO to update the website with new play area photos.
NS advised that he has received another email this week from Barratts. The issue regarding the boundary issue is still being investigated by Barratts, and therefore, is still ongoing.
Action: The board is to await a formal response from Barratts and then take further action as required.
A suitable machine to service the pitch has been found and will be purchased soon.
There is a panel near the entrance to the 3G pitch which needs repairing.
Action: SL to purchase machine and organise repair of the panel.
Unfortunately, the Spanish class is looking for a new tutor.
Action: SL to seek replacement tutor.
A resident came to the board meeting to discuss a possible use of the Pavilion. After the discussion, the board asked the resident to put in writing his proposal, so it can be discussed further, with a view to possibly adding it to the AGM agenda for discussion by the residents.
Action: Board to discuss proposal further once it has been submitted by the resident.
The board discussed the possibility of advertising this activity to resident students who may wish to undertake this piece of work, as part of their course work. This is still ongoing.
Action: KO is to send the required information to SL.
Central Heating Flushing
SL advised that the central heating flushing work has been completed. There is still an issue with heating in the Centre, but this is currently being investigated.
Calendar of events
DB issued a draft version for the meeting.
3. General Manager Report
SL reported on the following items:
Health & Safety
All necessary tests have been completed and recorded.
Annual PAT testing taking place next week.
SL reported details of an incident involving the steam room. The incident was not reported to the Duty Manager at the time, or recorded in the accident book. The incident was investigated by SL, and the board were satisfied with the investigation. The board agreed that as the incident allegedly happened on our premises, that we should inform our insurance company as a precaution.
Action: JB to write to all involved parties. SL to inform the insurance company.
SL renewed Fire Marshall certificate.
The stock take results for the last 79 days was at 55% to the end of September.
Various pieces of equipment have been serviced and parts ordered where required.
Upstairs studio repainted and ladies changing room seating painted.
Various lights have been replaced.
Upgrade to music and PA system in lounge.
27th October, Halloween Party.
28th October, Elvis Tribute, tickets now on sale but only 1 table left.
5th November, firework display.
25th November, Jamie's Soul and Motown evening.
17th December, Children's Christmas party.
24th December, Lindley Brass Band and Carols.
25th December, Drinks with fellow residents.
31st December, Hollywood meets Bollywood New Year's Eve.
JB reported that the champagne tasting event has been booked, details to go out in the new year.
2 emails from residents regarding security issues on the complex have been received. These were discussed but it was felt this was not within the remit of the board.
Action: JB to write to the two residents.
4. Finance Report
NS advised he will be meeting our accountant next Tuesday.
Action: NS to finalise the Financial Report ready for the AGM.
5. AGM Planning
The board discussed the date of the AGM and decided upon Thursday 7th December at 7:30pm. At the moment the only item on the agenda will be the Finance Report. The AGM papers will need to be distributed to all households by the 16th November.
Action: SL to distribute AGM papers to all households.
The board discussed the rule regarding the supervision of children under the age of 10 and agreed it was correct.
It was decided to look at redesigning the changing rooms to include family areas, when this aspect comes up on the 5-year plan.
Action: Put redesign of changing rooms on the 5-year development plan.
KO made enquiries about the current IT support with Brighouse IT, and was advised there was no formal contract. Brighouse IT have been responsible for resolving the WiFi and network issues and provide a best endeavour support to the centre at no cost.
Date of next meeting: Board meeting: Thursday 7th December at 6:30pm in the Pavilion.
AGM Thursday 7th December at 7:30pm in the centre.
This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to receive newsletters from Woodland Glade Sports Management Company, 62 The Green, Bradley, Huddersfield, HD2 1QB.