KH advised that he had not yet received the proposed 5-year plan as James Royston has been very ill and therefore unable to submit the plan. All the survey work has been done. There are 4 or 5 areas to deal with, which will take between 2 and 4 day's work. 1 day's work has already been completed, taking care of the last storm damage.
Action: The board agreed to discuss the 5-year plan at the next full board meeting.
NS shared an email from Barratts regarding the adverse possession claim affecting the boundary between the woods and a certain property on Bradfield Close. This is still an ongoing issue yet to be resolved by Barratts. The board did agree that they would be willing to accept the responsibility for the small amount of land missed from the original Barratt lease of the woodlands to WGSMC Ltd. The board were willing to accept the offer from Barratts to waive ground rent charges amounting to £800.
Action: NS to write to Barratts stating our position.
JB to write to the affected residents to confirm that the area of ground will form part of the lease of the woods going forwards, and that we will be responsible for upkeep.
The board is still considering options for what to do with the Pavilion following the closure of the Playgroup. As a first step, the terms of the lease are to be looked at to ascertain what powers are afforded to Woodland Glade over structural and usage changes.
Action: NS to look at the lease from Barratts to see what options are available.
Website Mobile Friendly
KO reported he had contacted 4 schools/colleges but had only 1 response, advising they were not doing that particular module yet. If the work was contracted out overseas, it would cost on average £650. The board discussed other options, including advertising on Facebook and in the Centre Scene, and potential payment.
Action: KO is to provide some wording for SL so the work can be advertised in the Centre Scene.
Renewable Energy Update
NS advised he is awaiting a reply to the letter he sent to Renewable Energy.
General Data Protection Regulations
The board discussed personal data and the retention of it. A policy needs to be written regarding the type of personal data, the length of time we keep it and why. It was decided to look at all personal data kept by WGSMC, paper and electronic, and bring to the next meeting, to discuss the development of a suitable policy. The website information also needs to be included.
Action: SL/NS to bring details of the data held in paper and electronic format to the next board meeting. KO to bring website information.
NS provided the board with a spreadsheet of the current wages of all staff and potential wage increases. The board discussed and agreed the proposed wage increases.
3. General Manager Report
SL reported on the following items:
Health & Safety
All necessary tests have been completed and recorded.
Anthony to update his first aid at work on 19/02/2018.
Spot checks are continuing on all access cards and gym inductions undertaken where necessary.
Nothing to report.
Cruizcampo did not go down well so back to Kronenberg. Prices have increased so GP is down to 52%, but still negotiating new prices with a couple of companies.
Minor issues are being addressed with appropriate correspondence.
Various broken pieces of equipment have been replaced.
Gents showers have been re-grouted.
Smoking canopy has been cleaned.
New ceiling speakers in lounge.
Block paving to ramp, plant room and damaged pathways around the building have been repaired.
The board thanked JB for repairing some chairs and tables in the lounge.
New classes for 2018
Dru Yoga on Thursdays at 11:00am are going well.
Yogalates class on Tuesday at 9:30.
The first Curiosity Social meeting, held on a Wednesday at 1:30pm once a month, was very successful. The next meeting will be a wine tasting one.
Painting classes are to start on 28th February, 1-3pm, places are filling up.
24th Feb, live band called The Zetlanders.
17th March, St Pat's event.
1st April, Family Easter day.
14th April, Champagne event.
The History of House event.
World Cup events.
SL asked if a new TV could be bought for the main lounge. The board discussed and agreed to the purchase. This would allow for one of the existing TV's to be installed in the new function room.
SL asked if a new permanent shelter/canopy could be installed around the back of the bar for outdoor events. The board discussed and agreed.
4. World Cup Preparation
SL reported there was nothing forthcoming from the breweries but there probably would be nearer the time. If anyone has any ideas or suggestion please let SL know.
The board discussed an incident around bar behaviour.
Action: SL is to speak to the individual and JB to write to the complainant. SL to put an item into the next Centre Scene regarding bar behaviour.
The board discussed an incident around 2 funerals.
Action: JB to write to complainant.
6. 5 Year Maintenance Plan
JF brought an updated version of the 5 year maintenance plan and the board discussed all items on the plan. It was agreed to add new lounge furniture. The board discussed a whole lounge refit to be done in 2019, rather than over a couple of years.
Action: JF to update the 5 year maintenance plan, including indicative costs.
7. Finance report
NS had nothing to report.
The board discussed the development of the field next to Miramar, Grantley Place and top of Redwood Drive. The drop-in consultation had been held today and further information was emerging. It was agreed that the matter was not an issue the Board should get involved in directly, but agreed to make premises and facilities available to impacted residents for meetings and communication support.
Date of next meeting: Thursday 15th March at 7:00pm in the Pavilion.
NS sends his apologies in advance.
This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to receive newsletters from Woodland Glade Sports Management Company, 62 The Green, Bradley, Huddersfield, HD2 1QB.