A resident has raised the internet security of the centre's WiFi with SL and NS. The board discussed and agreed that it is the responsibility of residents to ensure appropriate filters are in place on any devices used in the Centre, including those of their children's devices. Some changes have been made to the centre's WiFi to block certain website types.
Action: KO to speak to the resident. SL to inform Brighouse Computers of the changes made.
3. Matters Arising
Woods Update, including 5-year plan update
KH advised that he had received the updated survey results but it had not yet been turned into a 5-year plan, that can be approved by the Council. He shared the survey results with the board. There are 3 areas that will need some work on, within the next year, which is expected to take between 2 and 3 day's work. The board agreed the funding for the 3 areas of work.
Action: KH to bring 5-year plan to the next board meeting. KH to organise the work on the 3 areas.
The board are waiting for Barratts to change the lease to include the small amount of land missing from the original lease of the woodlands to WGSMC Ltd.
Action: KH to check if the fence has been removed from the land at the rear of the property on Bradfield Close.
NS circulated the lease from Barratts and the board discussed options. It seems that the cost of a change of use and planning permission is too much and putting off any proposals. Also part of the ceiling has fallen in and will need repairing. The board agreed to write to Barratts to ask if the building could be pulled down and the area used for recreational use. If there was no response from Barratts within a month, then consideration would be given to repairing the ceiling.
Action: JB to write to Barratts.
Website Mobile Friendly
KO reported there was no further progress, although he did have one contact who was busy now but might able to do the work in the summer holidays. SL advised of another similar contact. The board discussed payment and agreed a price for the proposed work.
Action: SL is to ask the second contact if they could do the work.
General Data Protection Regulations
NS advised the board that our current accountant is retiring but proposed a new accountant, who has already worked alongside our existing accountant. NS outlined the proposed accountants' qualifications and the board agreed to hire the new accountant.
The new regulations come into force on 25th May. The board discussed the personal data and the retention of it, kept by WGSMC, either on paper, electronic or on the website. The board agreed upon financial data to be kept for 7 years, for tax reasons. Club systems, (bar and door) to be kept for the current year, plus 2 previous years. Any letters will need to be stored on WGSMC computers and should be kept for 6 years.
A policy needs to be written regarding the type of personal data, the length of time we keep it and why. JB advised the board that his son is currently involved in policy writing for GDPR and offered to ask his son to produce a draft policy for WGSMC, which the board gratefully accepted.
Action: JB to ask his son to produce a draft policy.
SL to speak to Club Systems regarding retention and removal process of personal data.
5-year Maintenance Plan
SL advised the board that JF and SL went around the whole building earlier this week and that JF will update the 5-year maintenance plan.
Action: JF to update the 5-year maintenance plan and bring to the next board meeting.
NS advised the board that we have a 10-year cover starting from 2011 on the Astro turf. SL is still to buy the machine to maintain it, in between the services. A service has been organised.
Action: SL to buy a machine.
3. General Manager Report
SL reported on the following items:
Health & Safety
All necessary tests have been completed and recorded.
New uniforms ordered.
Birra Moretti going very well. Staff are being trained on trad ale serving and cleaning.
All relevant letters have been sent.
Various broken pieces of equipment have been replaced.
There have been several problems with the biomass boiler relating to dust, due to inferior pellets. Other establishments also report similar issues. New parts (including filters) have been ordered.
The plant room sump pump has been replaced.
Repairs to the leaking roof in the pool area are to be completed soon.
2 LED lights and an Infra-red heater, with a timer facility, have been installed under the new patio canopy/shelter.
A new pair of ceiling speakers have been installed in the lounge.
New classes for 2018
The Curiosity Social meeting, Little Unknown London, had a really good turnout of over 30 people. The May meeting will be Alternative Therapy and the June meeting will be Bob Knowles and his ukulele.
There has been lots of feedback on Makeup Master classes, dates to be arranged.
A new Yoga class starts tonight, 6-7pm.
6th May, bank holiday, band called Nowheremen.
27th May, bank holiday, Get the Beats, funk and soul band.
9th June, The History of House, world cup warm up.
August bank holiday, summer fayre with band proceeds to Woodscape.
26th October, Halloween entertainer.
24th November, Elvis, back by popular demand.
16th December, children's Christmas party entertainer booked.
SL also reported the following:
The new TV had been delivered today and would be installed tomorrow. Feedback provided on the need for proper cabling to be installed so that other TVs in the building work effectively. KH to speak with the electrician to advise what type of cabling is required.
The shelter/patio canopy has been a huge success, from the feedback received.
2 parking spots in the car park are to be marked up as disabled.
Funerals are doing very well with a new brochure, price increases to start from 1st May.
The board also agreed to remove all single use plastic, i.e., straws, cups, as part of our environmental policy. SL to implement policy immediately for plastic cups and no further purchases of plastic straws to be made.
Action: KH to meet with electrician to discuss cabling requirements for all TVs.
SL to implement plastic avoidance policy.
The board discussed an incident during the Crime Prevention evening.
Action: SL/DB is to meet the resident who was involved in the incident.
6. Finance report
NS circulated a document showing the first half year finances. NS reported our fees are in good shape, 280 households pay by Direct Debit or annually in advance, 4 do not. Our first half year results are good. Our bank loan will be paid off in April. Our half year position is looking positive.
The Champagne evening went really well, especially in the new room upstairs. Other events, where there is a requirement for some quiet periods, are to be held in this room.
KO reported that he is due for re-election in December but due to work commitments, he won't be standing for re-election.
Action: SL to advertise in the next Centre Scene for a new director.
Date of next meeting: Thursday 17th May at 7:00pm. Venue to be advised.
This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to receive newsletters from Woodland Glade Sports Management Company, 62 The Green, Bradley, Huddersfield, HD2 1QB.