The issue of the internet security of the centre's WiFi is still outstanding. KO is to speak to the resident about the filter that was put on the centre's WiFi and remove it. Also the centre's WiFi is only working intermittently. The board agreed that SL can contact Brighouse Computers to resolve the issue. The board also agreed that SL is to keep a log of any actions taken to resolve any WiFi/till IT related issues so the IT Director is aware. It was agreed by the board to refrain all residents from tampering with the IT, Computer, and WIFI settings. Configuration of these infrastructure will only be completed by Brighouse Computers or any designated individual as identified by the Managing director after the individual has been given information of the IT Logs. Any work completed will also be logged in the IT Logs document.
Action: KO to speak to the resident. SL to speak to Brighouse Computers and create a log.
3. Matters Arising
Woods Update, including 5-year plan update
KH reported that no progress had been made as we are still waiting for the 5-year plan from James Royston. The 3 areas that require some work cannot be started until the Council approve the 5-year plan.
Action: KH to bring 5-year plan to the next board meeting.
KH reported that Barratts have written to the residents of the property on Bradfield Close asking them to take the fence down. Barratts own this piece of land and it is not part of our lease. The residents have been removing brambles and small trees from the land and have damaged the wild flowers growing there.
The board decided to contact Barratts, asking them to expedite the agreement we reached to add the land to the lease belonging to WGSMC Ltd.
WGSMC have been managing the area as native ancient Woodland as part of our risk management plan for the woods and will make all of those documents available to Barratts to challenge the claim for adverse possession by the residents. The board also decided to report the damage to the bluebells.
Action: KH to contact Barratts and report damage
JB reported that Barratts have in principle no objections to demolishing the wooden pavilion, subject to them checking the lease. The board agreed to wait a month to see if Barratts come back with any further comments after checking the lease. It was decided to add this as an agenda item for the EGM in September, where the board could seek the views of the residents.
Action: SL to add to the agenda for EGM in September.
Website Mobile Friendly
DB reported he had spoken to a resident whose son has agreed to do the work (make our website more mobile friendly) when he has finished his exams.
General Data Protection Regulations
JB had, previous to this meeting, circulated 3 GDPR draft policies for the directors to review. The board discussed the 3 draft policies and made some amendments.
The board would like to say a huge thank you to JB as a lot of work and time has gone into these 3 policy documents, and they are very grateful for JB undertaking this huge and vital piece of work.
The board also discussed GDPR for all the classes undertaken at the centre. WGSMC need to collect copies of GDPR policies from all the tutors of the classes and also any 3rd party suppliers.
Action: JB to amend the 3 GDPR policies. SL to collect GDPR policies from tutors and 3rd party suppliers.
5-year Maintenance Plan
JF reported that this item is actually scheduled for the June meeting (from the annual calendar of items for discussion) so it was agreed to defer this item.
Action: JF to bring the 5-year maintenance plan to the next board meeting.
SL reported that the football pitch (Astro turf) has been serviced and that a machine has been ordered to maintain the Astro turf in between services. It should be here at the end of June/early July.
Action: SL to advertise in the next Centre Scene for a new director to replace KO.
3. General Manager Report
SL reported on the following items:
Health & Safety
All necessary tests have been completed and recorded.
The annual conditional report for the pool and plant associated electrical installations has been done.
All staff contracts are being updated.
CRB certificates are out of date for all staff, to be replaced by new DBS.
Awaiting a meeting with the stock taker.
All relevant letters have been sent.
Various broken pieces of equipment have been replaced.
A new cyclone filter has been purchased for the biomass boiler, along with new pellet pipes.
The tennis court has been de-mossed and power washed.
The water cooler dispensers have been serviced.
The damaged pavilion ceiling has been made safe.
All the benches and outdoor seating are having a refurbishment next week.
The new TV has been installed and other TV's moved around.
New classes for 2018
The monthly speaker classes have been a big success, last month was Alternative Therapy. Next month (6th June) is basic first aid and use of the defibrillator machine.
The Hand Made Card class was very popular, as was the Art class.
Make Up Master classes are planned.
19th May, Royal wedding and FA cup.
26th May, Champions League final.
27th May, bank holiday, Get the Beats, funk and soul band.
9th June, The History of House, world cup warm up.
17th June, kids football tournament.
18th June, World Cup football 7pm.
24th June, World Cup football 1pm.
28th June, World Cup football 8pm.
15th July, World Cup final.
20th July, kids finish school activity night.
21st July, school prom.
August bank holiday, summer fayre with band proceeds to Woodscape.
26th October, Halloween entertainer.
24th November, Elvis, back by popular demand.
16th December, children's Christmas party entertainer booked.
SL also reported that funerals are steady and room hire is good.
Plastic cups are down to the last few and are being used only in the gym.
Feedback regarding the new TV is great, especially the picture quality.
The board discussed a date for the next Champagne Tasting event and decided upon 16th November 2019.
4. Proposal from AAA
The board had received a funding request from Allies Against Aflex who are opposing the development of land south of Bradley Business Park. AAA are raising money to pay professionals to oppose the planning application. The board discussed the request and decided it was outside their remit. The board would continue supporting AAA with rooms for meetings and photocopying.
Action: JB to write to AAA regarding the request and continuing support. SL to monitor the cost of photocopying.
5. Finance report
NS reported that we have paid off our loan.
The board discussed having a Cheese and Wine event in the new room upstairs. JB reported he had sourced a cheese company from Todmorden and he would speak to Rob Hoult regarding wine. A date was agreed of 13th October 2018.
Action: JB to speak to the Cheese and Wine suppliers.
Date of next meeting: Thursday 12th July at 7:00pm. Venue is the Pavilion.
This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to receive newsletters from Woodland Glade Sports Management Company, 62 The Green, Bradley, Huddersfield, HD2 1QB.