NS reported that Virgin have installed the new router but Wi-Fi still continues to be an issue. Matt (who Brad knows) is coming on the 5th March to examine the installation and come up with a plan to design and simplify the set up.
Action: Brad to bring plan to the next board meeting.
Woods Update, including 5-year plan update
KH reported that the tree surgeons have completed another couple of day's work on trees identified in the first year of the 5-year plan. There is a little bit left to do on part of the boundary.
KH reported that he had received nothing from either the Land Registry or Barratts.
DB reported that he had amended some parts of the website relating to the Directors information and photos.
JB had already emailed the board a list of possible amendments and DB and BT are to tidy up the website, based on this list. JB also offered to take some new photos to be put on the website.
Action: DB/BT to tidy up the website. JB to take new photos.
JB reported he had received a couple of quotes to update the CCTV system and was awaiting a further one. However the board discussed some further amendments to the specification, and it was decided to ask the suppliers for amended quotes based upon the new specification. The board agreed a budget so JB did not have to come back to the board for a decision.
Action: JB to obtain quotes and go-ahead with the work.
A draft lease had been discussed and agreed by the board, which has since been signed by the new rentees, who seem very happy with the arrangement.
KH suggested reprogramming the alarm to allow enough time to enter the building and switch it off.
Registered Office of the Company
NS reported that our accountant has now changed their mind and will allow their address to be registered at Company's House. The board discussed and agreed it should be the accountant's address.
Action: NS to ensure the correct address is registered at Company's House.
Articles of Association Update
DB had prepared a draft version of the Articles of Association and NS proposed an amendment. The board discussed and agreed upon the wording and also agreed it should be checked by our lawyers.
Action: NS to ask our lawyers to check the wording.
SL reported she has had an initial meeting with LT and others and discussed various options. Indicative costs will be brought to the next board meeting.
Action: SL to bring estimates/costs to the next board meeting
Following a meeting with Martin Bradley, some alternative options have been proposed for the refurbishment of the kitchen and toilets. We have also been offered some stainless steel second hand kitchen units, which would require some alterations to fit the kitchen, but at a very reasonable price.
Action: JB to obtain quotes for the next board meeting.
3. Security Update
There was a break-in at the Centre last week via a window in the lounge. The pool table and till were damaged, as was the door lock between the bar and reception. Money from the pool table was stolen, but there was no money in the till. Some bar items were also stolen. There was also some vandalism done to the Pavilion.
JB reported that the broken windows in the Pavilion have been made secure and the broken door handles removed. The broken window in the lounge has also been made secure and we are awaiting a new window to be fitted. All windows in the lounge and reception offices are to have “jammers” fitted. They are on order and should be here by Saturday and hopefully fitted on Sunday.
The board also discussed the safety of the staff especially leaving the Centre in an evening as sometimes there is only one person working. It was agreed to ask someone known to the board if they would work for an hour at the end of an evening, when only one person is working.
The board also discussed who the responders are if the alarm goes off. Some of the directors agreed to be on the list of responders and it agreed that they would only attend in pairs and wait for the police to arrive before entering the building.
4. General Manager Report
SL reported on the following items:
Health & Safety
All necessary tests have been completed and recorded.
Still updating gym records..
Some further training has been identified for Abbi and Karen.
Some of the bar prices have been increased due to supplier increases.
Bar stock reports 54.4% G.P
Debt collection is ongoing and is being dealt with by NS.
March – Ed Sheeran tribute and Race night
April – Easter family fun and Question of Sport
May – May Day Band and Bank holiday Duo
June – Children's entertainer
July – Sports Day
August – Bank holiday live band
September – Mexican themed night
October – Halloween
November – Freddy Mercury tribute and Champagne Evening
December – Lindley Brass band musical duo with carols
Curiosity Social – 1st Wednesday in every month at 2pm
March – The Villas of Edgerton
April – Other peoples rubbish
May – Bed pans and false teeth
June – Yarns from the textile trade and encounters with the famous
July – TBA
August – On the Cruise Liner
September – TBA
October – The New Wayfarers
November – Kathy Ryan singer
A new Pilates class is start on the 6th March at 7:15.
5. Finance Report
NS reported we are in good shape.
NS also reported that he and SL had a meeting at our solicitors and met a new lady who will be looking after us. A new handout was given to us regarding what to do when selling/buying a house, which will be given to residents. This is to be added to the Centre Scene and put on the notice board.
Action: SL to add to the next Centre Scene.
6. Maintenance Update
Various broken pieces of equipment have been replaced.
Weekly maintenance of Bio Mass boiler and swimming pool.
The light inside the sauna has had the faulty wiring repaired.
The disabled toilet in the men's changing rooms has had the seat back repaired with new brackets.
The floor in the gents toilets has been scrubbed to remove all dirt and residue.
All the lockers in the changing rooms have had the locks lubricated.
In the Lounge, a wall and been repaired and redecorated and the curtain tie back has been replaced.
In the gym and squash court the walls have been partially repainted.
JB and SL/Debbie Graham will undertake a walk around the centre monthly, to identify any maintenance required that has not already been reported.
JB reported that the repair to one of the rebound boards in the 5-aside court was proving very awkward. There are clamps and security screws on every board and no-one, not even the supplier who installed them, has anything to remove these screws. BT suggested he may have something suitable and will bring in for JB.
NS questioned some of the figures on the 5-year plan which seemed a bit high. JB reported that these were only indicative costs and that 3 quotes would always be obtained for any major piece of work.
Date of next meeting:
Directors monthly meeting Thursday 25th April 2019 at 7:00pm in the Pavilion.
This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to receive newsletters from Woodland Glade Sports Management Company, 62 The Green, Bradley, Huddersfield, HD2 1QB.