Brad had previously emailed the committee with a report from Matt on the wiring etc that is leading to WiFi issues at the centre. He asked Sharon to send the report to our current IT providers and ask them to provide a price for the enclosed works. The board discussed the price from Brighouse Computers, which was quite high, but it was to rewire the entire building. The board decided to ask Brad to go back to Matt and ask for a quote for the minimum work required.
Action: Brad to bring revised quote to the next board meeting.
Woods Update, including 5-year plan update
KH reported via DB that there was no update on the woods.
KH reported via DB that he had received nothing from either the Land Registry or Barratts. The householders are going ahead with their extension. KH has lodged an objection with the Land Registry.
DB reported that he had intended, earlier on in the day, to make some amendments to the website, but it was down. LT tried during the meeting and reported it was still down.
JB offered to take some new photos of the outside pitch, the function room and the pool, to put on the website.
DB to update the directors' information for Brad and LT, once they have sent him their information.
Action: DB to tidy up and update the website.
JB to take new photos.
SL is to speak to Kay who hosts the website.
JB reported that a new CCTV system has been installed. It is a hybrid one, where it has 16+8 channels and 4mp cameras. 16 of the channels are in use. 8 are not yet in use, these are of a higher quality. There is still some outstanding work to be done, a unit in the back-office needs putting into an enclosure and the old equipment needs to be removed. All the external cameras have microphones installed and there is some signage outside warning of possible audio recording. The audio is not currently working and needs to be linked to the alarm system.
Action: JB to ask the supplier to fully disconnect the audio until it can be linked to the alarm.
The Pavilion lease has been signed and the new tenants are settling in well.
The board were very impressed with the decoration and furnishing of the Pavilion and would like SL to pass on these comments to the new tenants. SL reported that there has been two open days and several residents have been to have a look. There is a crack in the ceiling of the Pavilion and SL will speak to a builder or the new tenants for advice.
Action: SL to speak to a builder or the new tenants for advice on the crack in the ceiling.
Registered Office of the Company
NS reported that our accountant's address has been registered at Company's House.
Articles of Association Update
NS reported that our lawyers, Eaton Smith, have checked the proposed wording amendments to the Articles of Association. DB reported that two clauses, number 10 and 21, are in conflict of each other. The board discussed and agreed to drop 21 a) and renumber the rest of 21. LT agreed to check DB's amendments. The board have to give the residents 42 days' notice of the September EGM, where the proposed Articles of Association will be discussed. So notice will have to go out in mid-July.
Action: DB to amend clause 21 and LT to check.
SL reported she has had 3 meetings with LT and residents and discussed various options. They are going for a rustic effect in the bar, with a neutral carpet that can be washed and cleaned. The bar granite top will be kept as it was too expensive to replace. New table tops have been purchased. Cladding (wood appearance) will be applied to the front of the bar. There will be a couple of feature walls, the rest will be neutral. Orange blinds and blackouts will add colour to the room. New tan coloured chairs will be purchased, and the existing high chairs will be kept. The chrome glass holder above the bar could be powder coated in copper to ensure it fits in with the colour scheme. Brad suggested a table top coffee machine could be purchased for residents to purchase coffee from, and the board agreed it was a good idea. SL reported the refurbishment should come in at £15K excluding VAT.
Action: SL to bring updates to the next board meeting.
SL to check the cost of a coffee machine.
JB gave an update on the kitchen refurbishment. A number of firms quoted for the work, but it was decided to go with a company who can do all the different types of work, such as building, electrics, plumbing, woodwork etc. One quote has been received and another quote is due by Sunday night. Some elements of the job have been upgraded. The proposed serving hatch has been replaced by a stable door. The main beam needs replacing and the cost is more than was originally thought. Domestic white goods are to be purchased instead of industrial, as less use than a normal household, and cheaper. The cost of the refurbishment will be approx £14K inc VAT, which we can claim back.
The proposed start date is the 10th June and should take 2-3 weeks. There are no funerals or parties during this period. The lounge and bar work will hopefully also be done in the 3rd week. SL reported we would keep the bar open during the works.
JB reported that the kitchen needs to be emptied and the units removed before the work starts on the 10th June, but this can only be done from 6pm on the 9th June. DB said he would ask a few people to help clear out the kitchen.
The board discussed an opening date of the refurbished bar, lounge and kitchen, and agreed upon the 12th July.
Action: JB to bring updates to the next board meeting.
DB to ask a few people to help clear out the kitchen.
SL to organise a container to keep items in during the refurbishment.
SL reported she had spoken to Chubb regarding the break ins. Chubb responded with some recommendations which included a motion detector to be upgraded (free of charge) and a new one installed to cover a blind spot. The board discussed further options to enhance security and agreed to implement some additional changes. JB also suggested speaking to the Police neighbourhood watch co-ordinator for any suggestions. Tony Gardener is walking staff home and shutting down the building every evening.
Action: SL and NS to speak to Chubb.
SL and NS to progress additional agreed changes.
JB to speak to the West Yorkshire Police Neighbourhood Watch co-ordinator.
3. General Manager Report
SL reported on the following items:
Health & Safety
All necessary tests have been completed and recorded.
Further training with Abbi.
Staff have had training on the new CCTV system.
Bar stock reports 55% G.P
Debt collection is ongoing and is being dealt with by NS.
March – Ed Sheeran tribute act was a no show, Mark and Anthony helped do a fun wine tasting evening.
May – May Day Band and Bank holiday Duo
June – Children's entertainer
July – Sports Day
August – Bank holiday live band
September – Mexican themed night
October – Halloween
November – Freddy Mercury tribute and Champagne Evening
December – Lindley Brass band musical duo with carols
Curiosity Social – 1st Wednesday in every month at 2pm
May – Bed pans and false teeth
June – Yarns from the textile trade and encounters with the famous
July – TBA
August – On the Cruise Liner
September – TBA
October – The New Wayfarers
November – Kathy Ryan singer
4. Finance Report
NS handed out the 1st Half Year 2018-2019 Financial Results and went through the report. He reported we are in good shape.
5. Maintenance Update
Various broken pieces of equipment have been replaced or repaired.
Weekly maintenance of Bio Mass boiler and swimming pool.
The swimming pool scum line has been removed.
The Chlorine Dosing pump has had a blockage removed, twice.
The Steam room has had 3 new heating elements fitted and the Essence pump has been repaired.
The Sauna has had a new air switch fitted.
In the Gents changing rooms, the current locker locks have been lubricated and are being reviewed. 2 new seats have been installed in the disabled changing area, a shower grill has been replaced and the ceiling has been painted.
In the ladies changing rooms, 2 showers have had new mixer valves and control valves fitted.
Ant powder and ant traps have been placed in the corridors.
All opening windows in the bar and lounge have been fitted with double sash jammers.
The door into the reception and bar has been fitted with two extra security bolts.
Playdale have been and done an inspection on all the play equipment and the baby swings have been replaced.
NS reminded the board that our electricity contract needs renewing in September and he has been keeping an eye on the increasing costs.
Date of next meeting:
Directors monthly meeting Wednesday 22nd May 2019 at 8:00pm in the Function Room, just to discuss the kitchen and bar refurbishment progress and any other major issues.
This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to receive newsletters from Woodland Glade Sports Management Company, 62 The Green, Bradley, Huddersfield, HD2 1QB.