The board discussed Internet Security, especially WiFi and our legal obligations as a private member's club. It was agreed that NS would ask our solicitors for legal advice.
Action: NS to contact Eaton Smith.
Brad had previously emailed the committee with a report from Matt on the wiring etc that is leading to WiFi issues at the centre. The board decided to ask Brad to go back to Matt and ask for a quote for the minimum work required.
Action: Brad to bring revised quote to the next board meeting.
Woods Update – including 5-year plan update
KH reported some emergency work had been done, near a footpath, in the woods.
KH reported that the Land Registry say the householder has retracted their claim. No further correspondence from Barratts.
DB reported that he had intended to make some amendments to the website, but it was down. DB spoke to Kay, who hosts the website, who reported that an attempt to hack into the website had occurred, and as a result the website had shut down. It is now back up.
Action: DB to tidy up and update the website.
A replacement camera has arrived to replace a broken one, the supplier is coming to fit it tomorrow.
SL reported that she had spoken to the new tenants regarding the crack in the ceiling of the Pavilion, but the tenants have said they will repair it. SL reported that the storage heaters are broken and the board agreed to replace these.
Action: SL to source new storage heaters.
Articles of Association Update
DB reported that he had sent out the latest amended version of the Articles of Association to the board members and no further amendments had been requested. This will now be an item on the September EGM.
SL reported that everything is going to plan. The blinds have arrived, the decorating is to be completed this weekend, the carpet is to go down on Tuesday the 2nd July and then the furniture will follow. The tables are finished and just awaiting bases.
Andy and Chaz are painting corridors, and the toilets, on an evening.
JB gave an update via email on the kitchen refurbishment, as he was working that evening in the kitchen.
In the main everything has gone well. The new ladies toilet was operational by the end of the first week. The new support beam was installed and inspected (and approved), within the first week.
All the stud work and preparation work was carried out to schedule. The tiling in the ladies is complete however, there are 3 floor tiles that need re-bonding, the contractor is aware and we are still awaiting him returning and correcting that.
We have had 2 main delays. The first one being the plasterer who was sub-contracted to do all of the new plastering and ‘making good’. He came on time for part 1, however we had had 2 promises and 2 no shows for part 2. He did eventually come back and complete the work last Tuesday night. This has held back some of the painting as the plaster has to be given time to dry.
The second delay concerns the alterations to be carried out to the stainless steel preparation tables. The fabricator is booked to attend and make the alterations on site on Friday 5th July.
Costings are still looking somewhere around the budget figure but cannot be certain until all the contractors invoices have been received. We have made some savings on materials, but then had increases in decorating costs.
SL reported that herself and Neil had spoken to Chubb but they wanted silly money for their recommendations. Tony Gardener is walking staff home and shutting down the building every evening. The board agreed to keep this item on the agenda and review each month.
Action: DB to keep item on agenda.
3. General Manager Report
SL reported on the following items:
Health & Safety
All necessary tests have been completed and recorded.
2 minor incidents have been recorded in the accident book.
No current issues.
Some of the bar prices have been increased due to suppliers' increases.
Debt collection is ongoing and is being dealt with by NS.
6th July – Football tournament
12th July – Bar/Lounge Open event, children's entertainer, live singer, free fizz and ice cream for the kids.
25th August – Bank holiday, live band, bouncy castle and BBQ
September – Magic night TBA
11th October – Freddy Mercury tribute
November – Halloween, Ed Sheeran and Champagne Tasting
December – Lindley Brass band musical duo with carols, kids Xmas party
Curiosity Social – 1st Wednesday in every month at 2pm
July – TBA
August – On the Cruise Liner
September – TBA
October – The New Wayfarers
November – Kathy Ryan singer
The function room classes have been a bit slow with all the holidays this month.
There have been concerns about the room temperature in some of the classes which the board discussed. It was decided to reuse some of the blinds from the lounge in the function room to help keep out some of the heat from the sun.
SL reported that there are lots of parties booked for the year, including a school prom in July.
Due to a couple of complaints about parties being held in the bar and residents not aware, the board decided to include parties in the Centre Scene, so residents are aware.
Action: SL to arrange for new blinds in the Function room.
SL to put dates and times of parties in the Centre Scene.
4. Finance Report
NS handed out an Electricity report and pointed out to the board, a large increase from 2 years ago to the present day. It appears that some of the increase is due to the new air con in the function room and gym, which the board agreed was acceptable.
However the rest of the increase was due to an issue with the Calorex machine. This has now been serviced and a meter will be added to monitor usage.
5. Rent Review
NS handed out a document showing the current Rental Rates and the board discussed various options. It was agreed for no increases to the Rental Rates. However the lounge rental charge is eliminated when the bar bill is in excess of £400, the board discussed, and agreed to increase this to £500.
Action: SL to inform all parties.
6. Maintenance Update
Various broken pieces of equipment have been replaced or repaired.
Weekly maintenance of Bio Mass boiler and swimming pool.
The swimming pool scum line has been removed.
The Chlorine Dosing pump has had a blockage removed, twice and a new injector fitted. (It transpires that Concept Pools who manage the system had altered the automatic dosing, this was causing the injectors to block up and not work correctly).
A new grate cover has been fitted in the Childrens/Infants pool.
In the Gents changing rooms, the locker locks are being reviewed. 2 new seats are to be modified so that the legs are permanently fixed in a downward position.
In the ladies changing rooms, 2 showers have had new mixer valves and control valves fitted. One shower needs the thermostat turning cooler. A new shower head is to be fitted in the disabled shower.
The walls and ceiling have been painted in the gents toilets.
In the function room, a leaking radiator is awaiting replacement by the plumber.
Trees have been cut back in front of the building and lots of extra gardening work with bushes and shrubs, has been undertaken.
Obviously at the moment it has been a challenge to balance the everyday maintenance along with the work involved in the refurbishment of the kitchen/ lounge. Praise should be given to Debbie Graham, for the dedication shown and hard work she has undertaken to achieve this balance successfully.
7. EGM Planning
The board discussed the date of the EGM and agreed upon the 19th September. Notice to residents was agreed as the start of August. The budget and fees will be discussed at the July board meeting. DB agreed to produce all the documents for the EGM so they can be reviewed and approved at the July board meeting.
Action: DB to prepare all EGM documents.
8. New Year Event
The board discussed various options and decided to let residents have a say. It was agreed to ask residents on Facebook and give them a choice of a Scottish Celidh, an adults only event or a family event.
Action: SL to put a post on Facebook.
KH reported that the entrance through the woods is looking very overgrown and untidy and needs cutting back. The board agreed the work needs to be done and for SL to obtain a quote.
Action: SL to obtain a quote.
NS reported that he had had a phone call from our bank regarding a fraud issue regarding suppliers and bank details. The board discussed the issue.
Date of next meeting:
Directors monthly meeting Thursday 18th July 2019 at 7:00pm
This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to receive newsletters from Woodland Glade Sports Management Company, 62 The Green, Bradley, Huddersfield, HD2 1QB.