NS raised the issue of two complaints from three residents and a member of staff concerning the unacceptable behaviour of one resident and property owner on Woodland Glade. The matter was extensively discussed and the Board developed an appropriate plan of action.
NS reported that he had contacted Eaton Smith solicitors to obtain a legal opinion on our obligations within present legislation on our provision of WiFi to our club members. The Eaton Smith letter reported that they could not find “Any legislation which requires the Company to record and monitor service users’ activity and access to WIFI”. It of course remains Parental responsibility to monitor the usage of club WIFI by under age children.
Brad gave the board a document with quotes for some equipment that could help with resolving the WiFi performance issues at the centre. The board discussed the options and agreed to purchase the higher spec equipment and then ask a resident to install it.
Action: SL to purchase the equipment. Brad to speak to the resident.
Woods Update – including 5-year plan update
KH reported that there was nothing new to report.
SL reported that a quote had been obtained for cutting back the trees and undergrowth on both sides of the entrance through the woods. The work should be done in a couple of weeks' time.
KH reported that there was nothing new to report.
DB reported that he was going to update the website with some new photos, but is holding off until new photos can be taken of the refurbished bar and kitchen.
Action: DB to update the website with new photos.
SL reported that the crack in the ceiling of the Pavilion had been filled in by the tenants and it was waiting to be painted. The tenants own electrician will repair the storage heaters and send the bill to the Centre.
SL reported that they were waiting for the tables and wine rack but hopefully these should be due next week.
JB gave an update via email on the kitchen refurbishment.
The kitchen refurbishment is almost complete. A Building Inspector came out to visit and reported that an inspection of the stable door was required to see if it met Fire Safety standards. A Fire Service Inspector is due to visit. Until this happens the Building Inspector will not sign off the refurbishment.
The Board reviewed an email from a resident concerning certain issues with the Kitchen Refurbishment.
Action: Brad to share the email with JB for review.
The container in the car park has some surplus items from the kitchen and bar refurbishment in it and the board agreed that the container needs to be emptied and sent back.
Action: Brad to speak to JB about the container and contents.
Post meeting note – the container has been emptied and the container should be collected week commencing 29th July
NS provided the latest indicated costs of the Bar and Kitchen refurbishments.
Post meeting JB supplied revised costs of the Bar and Kitchen refurbishments.
The Bar refurbishment costs are now projected at £11,672 assuming recapture of VAT, well below the budgeted £15,000.
Kitchen expenditures are now projected at £14,596.
The board had agreed to keep this item on the agenda and review each month. The board were happy to continue the current arrangements.
Function Room Air Conditioning
SL reported that the blinds still need to go up to help prevent extra heat coming into the room. Events held in the Function Room and bar are now being put on Facebook.
SL reported that she had asked Neville (who looks after the Calorex machine) to look at a leak in the air conditioning unit, he thinks there maybe a blocked drain. He will have a look at the Air Conditioning in general and prepare a report.
Action: SL to organise the blinds being put up.
Letters need to be sent out to all parties regarding the decision made by the board that there would be no increases to the Rental Rates.
Action: SL to arrange letters to be sent out to all parties.
New Year Event
A notice had been put on Facebook with options for an event on New Year's Eve asking residents to vote for their favourite option. The most popular event is for live music for the family.
Action: SL to book a live musician.
The supplier who was to fit a replacement broken camera still has not turned up. If they don't come on Friday (19th July), then an alternative supplier will be asked instead.
Action: Brad to speak to JB about the alternative supplier.
3. General Manager Report
SL reported on the following items:
Health & Safety
All necessary tests have been completed and recorded.
Environmental Services came in to undertake the biological swimming pool tests, and all are in good order. To quote Environmental Services they said “the best quality-maintained pool they have seen in ages”
James Stirling is to help out when required.
The board discussed staffing issues in the bar, especially on a Saturday evening. They agreed to advertise on Facebook and in the Centre Scene for a pool of people who would be willing to help out.
Action: SL to advertise on Facebook and in the Centre Scene.
Stock take 54.3% GP.
Debt collection is ongoing and is being dealt with by NS. No serious issues exist.
25th August – Bank holiday, live band, bouncy castle and BBQ
21st September – Adult Magic night with supper and music
11th October – Freddy Mercury tribute
October – Halloween night
November – Bonfire night with Ed Sheeran, Champagne Tasting
15th December – Lindley Brass band
December - kids Xmas party, Xmas eve musical duo with carols
Curiosity Social – 1st Wednesday in every month at 2pm
August – On the Cruise Liner
September – TBA
October – The New Wayfarers
November – Kathy Ryan singer
4. Finance Report and Fees Recommendation
NS presented the Financial Results for June year to date 2018-2019 and his Financial forecast for the following five years. Profits and cash continue to be in a healthy situation. His recommendation to the board was to keep the fees for residents unchanged for the new financial year, which will begin on 1st October 2019. The board agreed with his recommendation.
NS also reported that a meter has now been fitted to the Calorex machine to monitor electricity usage.
5. EGM Planning and Documents
DB reported that he had previously circulated to the board the EGM letter and Proxy form, and had made a couple of small amendments. DB to send the revised documents to SL, to send out to the residents next week.
Action: DB to send revised documents to SL.
SL to send out to residents next week.
6. Maintenance Update
Various broken pieces of equipment have been replaced or repaired.
Weekly maintenance of Bio Mass boiler and swimming pool.
The Bio Mass boiler is due for its annual service. Debbie Graham has contacted Duncan to arrange a date for this.
The swimming pool scum line is due to be removed, hopefully this month.
In the Gents changing rooms, the locker locks are being reviewed. 2 new seats are to be modified so that the legs are permanently fixed in a downward position.
In the ladies changing rooms, one shower needs the thermostat turning cooler. A new shower head is to be fitted in the disabled shower. A new emergency light is to be fitted, and the electrician has been booked.
The board discussed dogs being allowed in the bar but not allowed to roam freely around the bar or kitchen. It was agreed that a notice should be put on Facebook and in the Centre Scene, reminding owners that dogs should be under control at all times, either sitting under tables or next to chairs. Staff in the bar to be made aware of this requirement and to remind owners.
Action: SL to put a notice on Facebook and in the Centre Scene.
The board discussed a request via JB on behalf of a third party for some swimming sessions and if they could be accommodated during the week on an evening. The board agreed to offer Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday between 21:00 and 22:00.
Action: DB to speak to JB.
Date of next meeting:
EGM meeting Thursday 12th September 7:30pm
Directors monthly meeting October TBA
This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to receive newsletters from Woodland Glade Sports Management Company, 62 The Green, Bradley, Huddersfield, HD2 1QB.