KH reported that the woods are very wet and apart from that there are no current issues.
KH reported that he has been made aware that the Ordnance Survey map covering Woodland Glade shows the area fenced by the resident. The Land Registry have confirmed the application has been withdrawn. We have not had a response from Barratts regarding amending our lease to include every part of Screamer Wood. KH has lodged a complaint with Ordnance Survey to have the correct position shown.
KH reported that the new photos need to be taken in the Spring, to take advantage of the better light. DB reported that he is unable to amend certain parts of the website and will arrange a meeting with Kay Olutayo and CG to gain a better understanding of the processes involved..
Action: DB and CG to meet with Kay Olutayo.
New Year Event
CG reported that he had found the name of the musician that had been booked for the New Year event but there were no contact details. BT asked for the name as he thinks he may be able to get in touch with him and get some contact details, so the event can be confirmed.
Action: CG to give name to BT.
NS reported that Chubb had been in and had replaced and updated some parts of the security system.
DB thanked BT for obtaining some sample staffing contracts. CG reported that he wanted to check the number of hours each staff member works, and the rotas. Then he will bring recommended hours and rotas to the January board meeting for discussion. Appropriate contracts will then be issued once the Board approve the recommendations.
Action: CG to confirm the hours and rotas.
Funeral Tea Pricing
CG reported that he wanted to update the Funeral Tea menus and prices, and to modernise them. BT offered some assistance in the design of the menus. CG to bring some recommendations for the new menus and prices to the January board meeting for approval.
Action: CG to produce recommendations for revised menus and prices.
Phone usage in the pool area
The board discussed phone usage in the pool area and agreed to put up a sign saying no photos to be taken.
Action: CG to arrange for a sign to be put up.
3. GDPR Update
DB reported that the GDPR policy required updating to remove the names of directors and the previous general manager. Also it needs updating to cover those people who have access to the CCTV footage.
Action: DB to bring the revised policy to the January board meeting for discussion and approval.
4. General Manager Report
The board had asked CG to observe the current processes, until the end of the year, and make a list of suggestions about how to improve the centre, to be presented to the board for discussion. In the interim CG provided his initial observations on our current infrastructure and approach.
lCG suggested that a bean to cup coffee machine in the bar, for use with funeral teas, people who attend classes, offering a non alcoholic alternative for members etc. would be a good additional to our offer. The board discussed the idea, cost of the machine and the price of a coffee and approved the suggestion.
Action: CG to purchase a coffee machine.
lA revamp of the reception area to include hanging down signs for the lounge and toilets (especially the disabled ones), updating/removal/replacing of the notice boards, and a welcome sign for the funeral teas / events. BT offered to help CG. The board discussed the ideas and approved the suggestions.
Action: CG to go ahead and revamp the reception area.
lNotice boards in the changing rooms advertising events happening in the Centre. The board discussed the idea and approved the suggestion.
Action: CG to install new notice boards.
l The board discussed installing new LED lighting at the front of the building and approved the suggestion.
Action: CG to arrange for new lighting to be installed.
lThe Woodland Glade sign next to the front door is rusty and could be replaced with a new more modern sign. The board approved the suggestion.
Action: CG to arrange for a new sign to be installed.
lThe only first aid kit is under the desk at reception and some of it's contents are out of date. CG suggested there should be 4 first aid points in the building, the lounge/bar, kitchen, pool and function room. Also, there were no accident forms in the current first aid box so that details of use can be recorded for review. The board approved the suggestion to obtain 4 new first aids kits, set up in the agreed specific areas and design some new accident forms.
Action: CG to set up the new first aid points and print forms.
lIt has been observed that some residents are allowing their dogs to defecate in the tennis courts, but not pick up afterwards. The tennis net is broken as it has been misused. The board agreed that the tennis courts should be padlocked and the key kept behind reception. Residents can ask for the key if they wish to use the tennis courts. The board also approved buying a new tennis net but this should not be put up until the Spring. In the meantime the old net is to be removed.
Action: CG to arrange for a padlock, the old tennis net to be removed and purchase a new one.
lThe bushes on either side of the steps leading to the centre front door are overgrown as are the ones around the bins in the car park.The tree at the front of the centre could also do with trimming and could have LED lights on it.The board discussed the idea of removing the bushes and replacing with grass and some flowers. It was decided not to do this until February. The board also discussed the current duties of the gardener and an option to do the work in-house. It was decided to ask for a revised price for his work and bring back to the January board meeting.
Action: CG to speak to the gardener.
lThe breakfast on Remembrance Sunday was a huge success, thanks to George and Hilary for bringing back a Woodland Glade tradition. The board discussed running this event monthly, between 09:00 and 13:00 and perhaps tie it in with sporting events where possible. The board approved buying some kitchen equipment so that our staff could run breakfast events in future.
Action: CG to buy kitchen equipment and promote a monthly Sunday breakfast starting in the New Year.
lCG suggested we have napkins with a Woodland Glade logo for the funeral teas. The board asked for some samples to be brought to the January board meeting.
Action: CG to source some samples.
lThere appears to be some drainage problems in certain areas around the centre and some of the gutters need cleaning out. The board asked for some quotes to be obtained to rod the drains and clean out the gutters.
Action: CG to obtain some quotes for the work.
lAfter some of the funerals there is still some food left, even after being offered to the funeral party and bar customers, and it seems a waste to throw it away, if it is still in good condition. The board discussed other options to better dispose of it, and one is to offer it to a charity such as The Mission.
Action: CG to contact The Mission or any other charities.
lA resident complained about the bar prices being too high and the board discussed bar prices in other establishments in the area. The board felt our prices were competitive and that most residents benefited from the 20% discount. CG was asked to compare prices with nearby premises and bring back to the January board meeting.
Action: CG to compare prices with other establishments.
lThe TV in the reception area could be used to promote events at Woodland Glade. The board approved the idea.
Action: CG to put together a Powerpoint presentation of future events.
lWe received a request to re-introduce the pop and crisps package in the bar for kids. The board approved the idea.
Action: CG to put together pop and crisps package.
lAdd a contact-less card machine reader to the vending machine. CG also reported that he will be restocking the vending machine with leading brands - prices can be maintained by bulk buying. The board asked for quotes for the card machine reader.
Action: CG to obtain quotes.
16th November - Champagne Tasting
7th December – Christmas Fayre
8th December – Brass band and Carols
15th December – Children's Xmas party
24th December – Community Carol Singing
25th December – Christmas drinks with residents
31st December – New Year's Eve party
Curiosity Social – 1st Wednesday in every month at 2pm
5. Finance Report
NS handed out the finalised year end accounts and asked the board to formally agree them. The results were very similar to those presented at the EGM, and the final profit is actually £19,333. The board formally agreed the year end accounts.
NS reported that since June 2019 the electric costs have halved and are still looking good, partly due to the Calorex issue being sorted out and we have a new meter.
The board discussed the replacement door for the steam room. The quote from the steam room manufacturer was over £2,000 which was considered to be too much. Alternative options for laminated glass and plastic are being pursued.
Action: CG to obtain quotes.
NS reported that the sump pump float sticks part way open and needs to be fixed.
Action: CG to contact a plumber.
CG reported that he had contacted the Food Hygiene agency to ask for some stickers, as we are a 5* hygiene establishment, so we can display them for people to see.
DB reported that we should be following a proper process (advertise and interview) when we require extra hours behind the bar to be filled. The board agreed.
Date of next meeting:
AGM meeting Thursday 5th December 7:30pm
Directors monthly meeting 9th January 2020 at 7pm
This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to receive newsletters from Woodland Glade Sports Management Company, 62 The Green, Bradley, Huddersfield, HD2 1QB.