KH reported that, due to the weather,12 trees were dealt with by the tree surgeon.
KH also reported that the land drain from the boundary wall to the triangle piece of grass on Redwood Drive is blocked, and hence the water across the road during the floods. It will need to be dug out but probably not until May when the weather is better. The board agreed to the work being done.
Action: KH to arrange for a mini digger and a man in May.
KH reported no further progress .
DB reported that he and CG have updated some of the content of the website, CG has also removed some old photos. KH reported that he is waiting for Spring before taking new photos, to take advantage of the better light.
Action: KH to take new photos, DB/CG to upload to website
DB reported that he had circulated the draft GDPR policy to the board members, following comments made at the previous board meeting. The board agreed and signed off the new GDPR policy.
Squash Court Booking Form
CG reported the new forms cover 2 weeks and are now in use.
Action: BT and CG to arrange some new door signs.
At the last board meeting it was agreed to review the process of checking the pellet hopper and purchase any required equipment. CG reported that he had spoken to the company who fill up our pellet hopper, and asked them for some photos of other pellet hoppers, to help decide what could be done to ours.
Swimming Pool Hire Trial
CG reported that he had not had any complaints about the trial swimming lessons, currently running on a Tuesday evening, between 4pm and 6pm. A request has been made to extend the lessons until 7pm. It was decided to continue the 3 month trial as is, and then make a decision about the extension.
CG handed out a document showing the replies to the gardening tender, there were 3 options. The board discussed the options and agreed to go with the Inhouse option. The board discussed the storage requirements for the new equipment. KH offered to help CG purchase the equipment.
Action: CG/KH to purchase the gardening equipment.
CG to inform the current gardener of the decision.
Gym and Early Swimming Forms
CG reported that the gym and early swimming forms are all sorted and have been put onto an Excel spreadsheet to make it easier to monitor and maintain.
CG reported the next Curiosity Social – 1st Wednesday in every month at 2pm, will be a speaker talking about Legal and Financial affairs.
Forthcoming events in March
5th March, Open Mic Night, starting at 8pm
13th March, Live singer, starting at 8pm and Bouncy Castle for the kids, starting at 6pm
28th March, Meatloaf tribute act, starting at 8pm
CG reported that he had met Ros and Julie, who are looking to set up a social meeting, starting Monday the 20th April, between 1:30pm and 3:30pm. It will be an opportunity for anyone to come along and just chat, knit, sew, etc.
The board discussed ideas for regular Friday evening activities for kids, such as an X-Box games evening, perhaps a tournament and/or a traditional board games evening. The X-Box games evening would need to be supervised by an adult, BT offered to do one evening.
Action: CG to investigate further.
These were circulated to the board earlier and the board agreed to sign them off.
Action: CG to issue contracts to the staff.
First Aid Course
CG reported that he is awaiting dates, no interest from residents when advertised in last month's Centre Scene.
Funeral Teas Brochures
CG reported that he had met with one of BT's employees who had helped with the design of the new brochures. CG has emailed the company who provide the Centre uniforms, a local company, to ask for a quote for printing the brochures.
The board had discussed and agreed the pay increase to be awarded this year, at the previous board meeting.
Action: NS to fully cost the proposal for the next board meeting.
CG reported that the Wi-Fi is now sorted. There is an issue with one of the storage heaters not working in the Pavilion and a contractor is coming to have a look at it.
3. General Manager Report
CG reported on the following:
lAlan Shaw has been helping CG with Health and Safety. A Health and Safety inspection will take place in another 5 months to allow the new procedures to bed in.
lThe racking in the cellar needs reviewing. The board discussed dropping either a lager or beer so there would be 2 less barrels in the cellar.
Action: CG to investigate which one to drop.
lA Stock Take is to be done next week.
lA new class, Tai Chi, started on Monday the 3rd February and lasts for an hour and half. CG reported uptake was a bit slow. The board discussed ideas around advertising it more and suggested putting it on Facebook twice a week.
CG reported that he has changed companies who look after the sauna, steam and pool equipment. CD reported that he had worked with the new company in his old job and recommended them. CG asked the new company for quotes to provide some new pool temperature equipment and 3 pool filters. The new pool temperature equipment will mean that CG and staff can adjust the pool temperature, something they are not able to do at present. The board discussed the quotes and agreed to go ahead.
Action: CG to go ahead with buying the new equipment
CG reported that he has a couple more to do but feedback from the ones he has done, suggest staff are happy and feel supported, and if they have any issues, they can come to CG.
The board discussed the need for a process to record that we have checked that staff driving their own vehicles on company business are insured, and their vehicle has a current MOT. The board agreed to reimburse any additional insurance costs incurred.
Action: CG to ask staff who use their own cars, to ask their insurance companies how much business insurance is.
4. Staff Hours
NS handed out a report showing the number of staff hours worked over the last 8 months. The board discussed the hours and asked CG to analyse the figures.
Action: CG to report back at the next board meeting, with his analysis of the figures.
5. Disciplinary Process
DB reported that there is no formal Disciplinary Process policy in relation to transgressions by members and their families and so the board discussed what should be in one, and agreed to set up a new policy, which is to be put into the next Centre Scene.
Action: CG to draft a new policy.
6. Cellar Flooding
The board discussed the recent flood in the cellar and the drains issue around the pool. Yorkshire Water came out and we now know which direction the drains flow. The board discussed various options to prevent the flooding of the cellar and asked CK to bring more detailed options to the next board meeting.
Action: CK to bring options to the next board meeting.
7. DBS Checks
NS reported that he had spoken to the DBS to ask who requires DBS checks and what level we might need. He has received a letter in reply that he has passed onto our HR consultant to review. The board discussed if any staff would need one and the different levels. The board agreed to wait for our HR consultant to reply back to NS.
Action: Review HR consultant reply at the next board meeting.
8. Gym Equipment Request
The board discussed a request from a resident for a spin bike and some replacement gym equipment. The board discussed the cost of a spin bike and agreed to the request. It was decided not to replace the gym equipment as requested, because the existing equipment is still in good condition, however the board did agree to buy another wide bar to avoid swapping the existing one between equipment.
Action: CG to purchase spin bike and wide bar.
9. Legal Clinic and Advice Offer
The board discussed a request from a resident to use the facilities for a Legal Clinic.
Action: LT to reply to the resident.
KH reported that now the shrubs have been removed from the car park, the recycle bins are to be relocated to where the shrubs were, freeing up 2 car parking spaces. The recycle bins will also be fenced off.
NS reported that our money in the two banks are not making any interest. The board discussed other options and agreed that some of the money be moved to Income Bonds, which will still give us instant access.
Action: NS/DB to put some money into Income Bonds
DB asked for Changing Rooms to be put on the agenda for next month.
Date of next meeting:
Directors monthly meeting 26th March 2020 at 7pm
This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to receive newsletters from Woodland Glade Sports Management Company, 62 The Green, Bradley, Huddersfield, HD2 1QB.