KH reported that the woods are in good condition. KH has started the application for the necessary consent under the TPO to undertake the land drain work on Redwood Drive.
KH reported that the issues involved with the alleged destruction of trees and plants in the area of woodland purchased by a resident are ongoing and we are awaiting an update from Barratts regarding the wider woods and Centre building.
NS reported that staff letters had gone out in March and April, no issues raised.
DB reported that the Tree policy has now been updated on the website.
KH reported that a petrol mower has been purchased and that an electric Flymo hover mower, with the widest blade, is also required for the bankings and steeper areas, along with a 60m extension cable. KH has ordered an electric Flymo hover mower but they are all currently out of stock. NS reported that Sandringham Court may have an unused Flymo hover mower that the Centre could use as it is not required at Sandringham Court.
KH also reported that the door frame and door to the room where the garden equipment is being kept, is in need of some attention. NS reported that he might know of a joiner who could do the work.
The board also discussed securing the petrol mower to the base of the room, as an extra security precaution.
The board also discussed rewarding two of the residents who have been cutting the grass area next to the tennis courts, so residents can play and exercise on it. It was agreed to do this at the end of lock down.
Action: NS to see if the Flymo hover mower is available.
NS to speak to a joiner and obtain a quote.
3. Finance Report, including furloughed staff wages
NS had previously emailed the board with the latest Finance Report. We have received the Business Grant of £25,000 from the Council, along with £5494 from the HMRC for the job retention scheme (80%). The Council collected the March payment for Business Rates but did not collect April.
The Job Retention scheme paying 80% will finish at the end of July, and it will cost us roughly £1000 per month to top up the staff wages to 100%. The Job Retention scheme for August and September is subject to an, as yet unknown, employer contribution. The board agreed to pay staff their standard hours, 100%, for June.
The board discussed residents' monthly fees, and it was agreed to collect the fees for June and review this position on a monthly basis.
Action: NS to send a letter to all employees.
4. Re-opening Plan
The government guidelines have said that establishments like ourselves are unable to open until the 4th July.
The board discussed several ways of being able to open the Centre on the 4th July but acknowledged that the environment and operational practices will need to be very different to before lock down. It was agreed that there would need to be much more cleaning taking place, and there would be restrictions on the number of people being able to access the building and undertake activities, both inside and outside in order to meet social distancing requirements.
It was agreed that there would be no funeral teas for the foreseeable future and so staff involved in this activity could possibly be redeployed in this activity if and when we re-open.
The board agreed to investigate purchasing a booking system that could be used to book activities and even tables in the bar. There maybe one with the existing till system or Kay, who looks after our website, may have one.
In order for some of the classes to take place with reduced numbers, it may be necessary to extend class times, and perhaps offer reduced room hire.
The board discussed removing some of the tables and chairs and the pool table from the bar, to create more space to allow people to social distance as per the government advice. The question then arose of where to store the tables and chairs. NS reported that there is an unused garage at Sandringham Court that could be used. CK also reported another unused garage that he knew of, that also could be used.
NS suggested that a stock review will need to take place to ensure that all our bar stock is in date, if re-opening on the 4th July.
Action: NS to investigate costs of garage hire and see if the Sandringham court garage is available.
CK to find out if the other garage is available.
NS to speak to Club Systems to see if they have an online booking system.
CK to speak to Kay to see if he has an online booking system.
DB to arrange to meet with Debbie Graham to look at the bar area.
DB to arrange for a review of stock to make sure all was in date.
The board agreed that an update letter needs to be sent out to the residents.
Action: LT to email the board members with proposal.
6. On Hold Matters
Website Redesign – On hold
DB reported that he and CG have updated some of the content of the website, CG has also removed some old photos. KH reported that he is waiting for Spring before taking new photos, to take advantage of the better light.
Action: KH to take new photos, DB/CG to upload to website
Door Signage– On Hold
Action: BT and CG to arrange some new door signs.
Pellet Hopper – On Hold
At the last board meeting it was agreed to review the process of checking the pellet hopper and purchase any required equipment. CG reported that he had spoken to the company who fill up our pellet hopper, and asked them for some photos of other pellet hoppers, to help decide what could be done to ours.
Swimming Pool Hire Trial – On Hold
CG reported that he had not had any complaints about the trial swimming lessons, currently running on a Tuesday evening, between 4pm and 6pm. A request has been made to extend the lessons until 7pm. The 3 month trial will continue as is, and then the board can make a decision about the extension.
Entertainment Update – On Hold
CG reported the next Curiosity Social – 1st Wednesday in every month at 2pm, will be a speaker talking about Legal and Financial affairs.
Forthcoming events – On Hold
CG reported that he had met Ros and Julie, who are looking to set up a social meeting, starting Monday the 20th April, between 1:30pm and 3:30pm. It will be an opportunity for anyone to come along and just chat, knit, sew, etc.
The board discussed ideas for regular Friday evening activities for kids, such as an X-Box games evening, perhaps a tournament and/or a traditional board games evening. The X-Box games evening would need to be supervised by an adult, BT offered to do one evening.
Action: CG to investigate further.
Funeral Teas Brochures – On Hold
CG reported that he had met with one of BT's employees who had helped with the design of the new brochures. CG has emailed the company who provide the Centre uniforms, a local company, to ask for a quote for printing the brochures.
Driving Insurance – On Hold
The board discussed the need for a process to record that we have checked that staff driving their own vehicles on company business are insured, and their vehicle has a current MOT. The board agreed to reimburse any additional insurance costs incurred.
Action: CG to ask staff who use their own cars, to ask their insurance companies how much business insurance is.
Members Disciplinary Process – On Hold
DB reported that there is no formal Disciplinary Process policy in relation to transgressions by members and their families and so the board discussed what should be in one, and agreed to set up a new policy, which is to be put into the next Centre Scene.
Action: CG to draft a new policy.
Cellar Flooding – On Hold
The board discussed the recent flood in the cellar and the drains issue around the pool. Yorkshire Water came out and we now know which direction the drains flow. The board discussed various options to prevent the flooding of the cellar and asked CK to bring more detailed options to the next board meeting.
Action: CK to bring options to the next board meeting.
DBS Checks – On Hold
NS reported that he had spoken to the DBS to ask who requires DBS checks and what level we might need. He has received a letter in reply that he has passed onto our HR consultant to review. The board discussed if any staff would need one and the different levels. The board agreed to wait for our HR consultant to reply back to NS.
Action: Review HR consultant reply at the next board meeting.
Changing Rooms – On Hold
DB reported that this item is on the agenda as per the minutes from the last meeting, but acknowledged that it is on hold for the time being.
Date of next meeting:
Directors monthly meeting 18th June 2020 at 7pm.
This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to receive newsletters from Woodland Glade Sports Management Company, 62 The Green, Bradley, Huddersfield, HD2 1QB.